What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI Sensor not working on one server

Votes:

I have WMI sensors set on multiple servers. All are using inherited credentials. One DC is working fine with WMI, the other never gets a response after adding the sensor. All firewall settings are GPO set. I get the error Connection could not be established (80070005: Access is denied) (code: PE015). It appears that you are experiencing some difficulties with WMI or related areas. For more information, please see our knowledge base: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/60153

I cannot use the WMI tester as even on the servers that work the tester fails due to the locked down nature of the network. This is a Domain Controller so I can't just reimage a new server. This server is synced with all the exact same settings as the DC that is working just fine. So I know its not an issue with the firewall settings as they are identical, its not a user account issue as they are identical as well. They have the exact same patch schedule with the same patching policy and were both patched after the last patch Tuesday. I'm not sure what is causing the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

80070005 code-pe015 wmi

Created on Dec 24, 2019 4:46:13 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

What kind of credentials does the account have?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 24, 2019 7:50:14 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

It has admin credentials. The other DC using the same credentials has no issues.

Created on Dec 24, 2019 8:23:18 PM

Votes:

Do you have a support ticket open for this issue?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Dec 27, 2019 9:51:57 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

I do not, is there a way to create a ticket not through your online form? The form builder site is blocked by our firewall.

Created on Dec 27, 2019 9:56:31 PM

Votes:

Is is possible someone else at your organization has opened a ticket? What is your company name?

Created on Dec 27, 2019 11:33:20 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

I am the only IT person for this division. So no one else opened a ticket as your form system for creating a ticket is blocked by the firewall and I don't want to start opening up the firewall if there's another way to create a ticket.

Created on Dec 31, 2019 2:43:45 PM

Votes:

Hi,

it's possible to open a ticket by sending an email to "[email protected]". If you use this way, please refer to this post via the ticket number "PAE1292794" and attach as much details as possible.

Created on Jan 1, 2020 8:58:15 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.