What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring CPU Wait Time per Dispatch on Hyper-V

Votes:

I'm interested in monitoring the wait time of our Hyper-V servers, but I don't see any sensor able to do this. Am I missing something, or is there really no sensor capable of doing this?

cpu hyper-v sensor

Created on May 13, 2020 8:18:22 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

You are right, unfortunately we don't have a built-in sensor able to monitor CPU Wait Time per Dispatch on Hyper-V.

As an alternative, you might want to try creating a custom exe/cript sensor. For example, you can have a look at this KB-post: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/77995

You can also propose this a new feature request: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg. This will help us to prioritize the wish internally so that the feature eventually makes its way into the road map.

Best regards

Created on May 14, 2020 11:39:23 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Alright, thanks, I'll try getting that working instead. If it all fails, I'll make a feature request :)

Created on May 14, 2020 1:51:50 PM

Votes:

It turns out there is a way to do this, without all this custom exe/scripts. The senser PerfCounter Custom can monitor the \Hyper-V Hypervisor Virtual Processor(_Total)\CPU Wait Time Per Dispatch element, and report on values.

Created on May 14, 2020 3:05:15 PM

Votes:

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Created on May 15, 2020 6:29:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.