What changes were applied to PRTG 8.1 since the initial release of PRTG 8.1.0? Detailed release notes.
November 16th 2010 - Version 126.96.36.1999/1810
- New: [WebGUI] Improved object selector (used in map editor and for dependency setting), now supports search by name, tag, device or group.
- New: If an incompatible version of IE is installed on the server PRTG will warn the user when PDF generation may fail.
- Changed: [Installer] When installing an update after accepting the license terms the complete installation process (stopping services, copying new files, restarting services) runs without interaction in order to minimize downtime.
- Changed: [Web Server] PRTG web server now only accepts HTTPS connections using SSL 3.0 (SSL 2 will not be accepted because it has security issues), see Why don't I get an SSL connection to the PRTG web interface? "This webpage is not available."
- Bugfix: [WebGUI] Some flyouts of the main menu were shown "below the fold" and were not accessible
November 10th 2010 - Version 188.8.131.525/1776
- Bugfix: [Webserver] Removed a potential deadlock
- Bugfix: [WinGUI] Fixed connection problems with code (bug was introduced in build 1760)
- Bugfix: [WinGUI] Fixed various smaller bugs
- Changed: [Notifications] MSN notification now works with multiple comma-separated addresses
- New: [Sensors] New custom sensor "Demo EXE - Returns user of process.exe" returns the security context of the custom sensor for debugging (usually the same as the Probe Service)
- Bugfix: Plus more than 20 minor fixes and changes
November 3rd 2010 - Version 184.108.40.2060/1761
- New: Finalized English manual
- New: Added Spanish translation of the user interface
- New: Improved German translation of the user interface
- New: [Sensors] sFlow sensor now supports VLANs
- New: [Sensors] Auto-Acknowledge option for Ping sensor (if sensor goes in to ALARM it will automatically switch to ALARM (Acknowledged)). This is a useful feature for devices that are shut down from time to time
- New: [Maps] Added multi-graph mapobjects for 2/30/365 days
- New: [Help] Added manual search function to help center and manual pages
- New: [Cluster] Added a dedicated cluster log
- New: [Cluster] Todos are now synced between nodes
- New: [WebGUI] Added a feedback link to the web interface (can be hidden in the system/website settings)
- New: [WebGUI] Copyright string in graph PNG files (bottom left) can be changed by setting registry string key " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\V7\Server\Webserver\GraphExtraText"
- New: [API] Image URLs (/graph.png) accepts graph background URL in “&bgcolor=” parameter (e.g. #ffffff, value must be URL encoded)
- Changed: [Sensors] Improved packet handling for QoS sensor
- Changed: [Sensors] Improved account impersonation for Custom EXE sensor
- Changed: [Notifications] No more "summarization" for EXE / HTTP Notifications
- Changed: [Monitoring] “Pause until” setting now survives a core server reboot
- Bugfix: [Reports] Fixed a bug in reporting that a few users reported
- Bugfix: [Help] Search returned incorrect results for manual pages
- Bugfix: [Cluster] Improved configuration health and synchronicity checks for cluster nodes (if a failover node is unexpectedly out-of-sync it will be re-synced automatically and you will receive a ToDo email)
- Bugfix: [Reports] Internal report data cache is now limited to 500 MB to avoid out of memory errors when many reports, historic data or sensor data API calls were processed in a short time
- Bugfix: [Maps] The multi-graph map object did not work properly for public maps.
- Bugfix: [Sensors] Packet sniffer sensor showed incorrect in/out direction of data streams in some scenarios
- Bugfix: [Notifications] Fixed a bug that caused incorrect display of non-ASCII characters in email notifications
- Bugfix: [Sensors] Fixed WMI Vital sensors in custom device templates
- Bugfix: [WebGUI] Web interface "Logout" link did not work properly on Opera
- Bugfix: [WebGUI] With certain access right settings the object selectors did not show all objects which should be accessible (for non-admin users only)
- Bugfix: Plus more than 50 minor fixes and changes
October 19th 2010 - Version 220.127.116.115/1696
- Updated Manual
- New: Added German Translation
- New: Added SSH Inode Sensor
- Bugfix: When uninstaller was run the PRTG services and the registry keys were removed from system even when user clicked "Cancel"
- Bugfix: Toplist pie charts did not work when web server ran in "speed mode"
October 14th 2010 - Version 18.104.22.1685/1676
- Updated Manual
- Changed: Unknown sensor status is now listed in logs
- Bugfix: [Sensors] WBEM ESX Host sensor did not work for some users
- Bugfix: [WebUI] “Select All” checkbox was missing in the web based UI for some user account
- Bugfix: [WebUI] Cloning/moving an object into the cluster probe created an error message
- Bugfix: [Reporting] Some reports threw an access violation error under certain circumstances
- Bugfix: [Reporting] Some reports contained incorrect data when schedules were used
- Bugfix: [Reporting] Report “List of sensors” did not work for cluster installations
- Bugfix: [Reporting]Some graphs had incorrect labels
- Changed: Custom EXE sensor has a setting “write results to disk” (for debugging)
- New: Maps now have a “security context” setting (in previous versions the map always used the creator’s account)
- Changed: [Upgrading from V7] Inheritance for “HTTP proxy” setting now set to “false” when an HTTP Advanced sensor already had a proxy setting
September 29th 2010 - Version 22.214.171.1247/1628
- Updated Manual
- Bugfix: „port“ setting of SSH sensors did not work properly
- Bugfix: Removed “Dependency” setting for rootgroup
- Bugfix: Sensortree object selector did nor work when an object had “ in the name
- Bugfix: Cluster info page did not work when a node in the nodelist was inactive
- Bugfix: In some situations WBEM sensors did not work
- Bugfix: Several minor bugfixes
September 27th 2010 - Version 126.96.36.1991/1622
- New: "Sensors by type" list cascades now, if too many sensor types are used and the list would not fit onto screen
- New : Multiedit-Checkboxes in tables are not shown any more if user does not have write rights to the corresponding object
- Bugfix: Cancel Button on "Edit Usergroup" page did not work
- Bugfix: 404 error if user clicks "back" after "add sensor" fails
- Bugfix: "Settings" tab of the WinGUI sometimes did not work when IE8 was installed
- Bugfix: Cloning of NetFlow sensors did not work for "toplist diskstorage" (hidden feature)
- Bugfix: "Username" edit box of WebGUI's login dialog did not have focus by default.
- Bugfix: Object-Connectors in maps did not work on /showmap.htm page
- Bugfix: For a short moment two data tables were shown in the browser window when toplists are refreshed
- Bugfix: In the XL view of the sensor tree the "show sensor by state" hide/display feature did not work properly
- Bugfix: On the notification delivery settings page the "twitter" settings had not been removed
- Minor Changes
September 22nd 2010 - Version 188.8.131.527/1608
- New Major Version, Initial V8 Release
For a full overview of all versions, please see the Version History in our website
Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.