What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to create a 24 hour utilization and then be able to create a map using that graph?

Votes:

i would like to create a 24 hour utilization and then be able to create a map using that graph. i know one can use the "historical" tab and create a graph with any time frame BUT, i think, that historical graph cannot be saved and used in a map.

so can i create a map for last 24 hours and be able to insert it into a map?

Thanks, Gary

create graph maps

Created on Dec 3, 2010 4:23:55 PM

Last change on Dec 14, 2010 1:09:01 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I strongly recommend not to use "historic data graphs" in maps, it will put a heavy load on your PRTG server.

The data for the built-in graphs (2 hours, 48 hours, 30 days, 365 days) is permanently cached in memory for all sensors, thus creating the graphs is a matter of milliseconds.

Historic data graphs are always based on data from the "monitoring database", this means that for each bitmap rendering the monitoring data will be read from the disk and recalculated. On a map page this will happen every 60 seconds!

If you want a 24 hour graph please shorten the 48h graph to 24 hours (this is a setting in the admin control panel).

See Also

How can I add a graph to a map with a different time frame?

Created on Dec 6, 2010 9:07:42 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Dec 6, 2010 2:27:17 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.