Am I able to change the format of the e-mail notifications. I am particularly interested in modifying the subject line.
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 15.4.21 or later
Modifying the Format of Email Notifications
You can easily change the format of emails sent out as notifications in PRTG's web interface:
- Choose Setup | Account Settings | Notifications from the main menu bar.
- Click the notification you would like to edit.
- Scroll to section Send Email and mark the checkbox to open the email settings (if not done yet).
- You can edit the following settings:
- Recipient(s) (single ones and user groups)
- Subject line (You can use placeholders for the subject.)
- Format of the email (HTML, plain text, or text with custom content)
For more details, refer to PRTG Manual: Account Settings—Notifications.
As of PRTG version 15.4.21 you can edit header and footer of emails directly in the HTML source code. For details, please see this article. You have also the option to edit the body (message part) of plain text emails in the notification's settings as of PRTG version 220.127.116.1181/5482, including placeholders.
The following information is deprecated as of PRTG version 15.4.21:
In PRTG versions previous to 15.4.21, it is possible to globally adjust email header and footer via the web interface:
- Choose Setup | System Administration | Notification Delivery ("System & Website" in previous versions) from the main menu bar.
- Look at section Email Options.
- If using emails in HTML format: Edit sections Email Header (HTML) and/or Email Footer (HTML) corresponding to your needs.
- If using emails in plain text format: Specify if you want a footer in the emails and edit section Email Footer (Text).
For more details, please see PRTG Manual: System Administration—Notification Delivery.
You can also use placeholders in subject, message, header, and footer.
If you are referring to PRTG Network Monitor 7 (deprecated), it's possible to change the Emails sent out by PRTG for notification purposes. In the web interface, please go to "Setup | Notifications" and pick the email notification which you like to change. It's possible to change:
- The recipient(s)
- The subject line
- The email body (either plain text or HTML)
Placeholders can be used in the subject line and in the email body.
While it is possible to change notification email content, but I can't find where to change the content of a 'Ticket' change notify email. Is that possible? Mark
Tickets in PRTG are hard-coded and cannot be changed.
I'm on version 18.104.22.1683 and these instructions do not work. I need to edit the format of the notification emails, subject-title and such.
There are three areas for notifications 1 - Notification Delivery, 2 - Notification Templates and 3 - Notification Contacts.
None of these give me an option to edit the default notification that is currently sent out on our sensors.
the notification template of that notification gives you the option to change the subject line and some other parameters (section "Send Email").