What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Aren't favorites supposed to be unique to each user?

Votes:

Another user logged in and changed his favorite sensors list. That changed my favorite list as well. It appears that the favorites are shared among all users? Is this expected behavior?

favorites prtg sensor

Created on Apr 15, 2011 5:32:30 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Laurie,

when adding sensors to your Favorites list, this is stored for the entire installation, not for the current user. This is by design.

Created on Apr 20, 2011 11:31:49 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

In my PRTG deployment, there are a dozen users and each one has marked their own favorite sensor groups. This is the most unpractical use of the favorite feature. PRTG should maintain a per-user favorite list. All I need is 5-10 favorites, not 300. I end up using search to locate what I was looking for in my favorites list. All admin and non-admin users should be allowed to favorite the sensors the frequent or are responsible for.

Created on Mar 2, 2022 2:38:41 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid this is not possible currently. But I understand the need for that. Feel free to propose a new official feature request if you wish a feature like this to be implemented in the future: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245.

Created on Mar 4, 2022 7:56:34 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.