What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can't see 10Gig interfaces on Cisco 6509

Votes:

I just installed PRTG Monitor and am trying to set up some sensors. I put in the 6509 IP and SNMP and it is listing all of the interfaces except the 10Gig interfaces. I specifically want to see those interfaces so I need some assistance here.

Thanks! /alan

10gig 6509-snmp cisco prtg sensors snmp

Created on Mar 5, 2010 7:25:11 PM

Last change on Mar 12, 2010 3:27:45 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

please take a look at How can I see all interfaces when adding an SNMP sensor for my Cisco device?

if this works and you have to use a 32bit counter, if a lot of traffic is going through the interface you have to accordingly select a small scanning interval to prevent 32bit overflow.

Created on Mar 7, 2010 8:08:36 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 9, 2010 7:38:51 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Please download and run our free SNMP Tester.

First, check for available interfaces. If you can see the 10GB interfaces, please run the traffic counter for one of the 10GB interfaces and use the repeat every 5sec option.

Created on Mar 8, 2010 3:26:54 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 12, 2010 3:25:43 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.