What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG to check public IP

Votes:

Does PRTG recognize public IP? / Is there anyway to check my public IP via PRTG? what I'm trying to say is that the server on which PRTG is installed has a Dynamic IP address so if PRTG recognizes my public ip and checks it periodically, I can use that info embedded in the daily notification email sent to administrator (me) , so that I can use the newly IP assigned for remote connection.

ip notifications public

Created on Jun 25, 2011 3:44:36 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hallo,

not at the moment, sorry.

There is no such sensor as "What#s my IP Sensor" at the moment.

we will add this to the wish list or maybe someone in the community wants to write such a sensor.

Created on Jun 26, 2011 8:36:41 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thank you, would you please kindly post it here if it becomes available? that really comes in handy.its a great feature for such great software..

Created on Jun 26, 2011 8:56:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.