What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I send push notifications from PRTG to iPhones via Prowl through a proxy server?

Votes:

I have to use a corporate proxy server for my internet connection. How can I send PRTG notifications to my iPhone via Prowl (see How can I send Push Notifications from PRTG to iPhones?) but use a proxy for the connection?

curl iphone notification prowl proxy prtg push

Created on Mar 24, 2010 4:43:22 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Important notice: As of PRTG core server version 14.3.13 and PRTG for iOS 14.3.6 resp. PRTG for Android 14.3.2, you can use push notifications with your iPhone resp. Android device without any workaround.

Please see this article for details:

Max, a passionate PRTG user has found a solution for sending Prowl messages to iPhones via a VBS script using the small command line tool cURL.

The script would be:

dim x,Params,increment,ArgObj,cmdline

Set ArgObj=Wscript.Arguments
Set WshShell=Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Params=""

For increment=0 to ArgObj.count – 1
Params = Params & ArgObj(increment) & "%20″
Next

cmdline="-U domain\user:password -k -x myproxy.company.org:80 "&"https://prowl.weks.net/publicapi/add?apikey=MY0000API0000KEY&application=My%20Monitoring&event=Alarm&description=" & params

x = WshShell.Run("""C:\program files\PRTG Network Monitor\Notifications\EXE
\curl.exe""" & cmdline)

Don't forget to substitute domain\user:password, myproxy.company.org:80, MY0000API0000KEY, My%20Monitoring and Alarm by your own values!

Read the Whole Post!

For the whole article and more details, see blog post at
http://www.kamshin.com/?p=127

Created on Mar 24, 2010 4:52:41 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Sep 16, 2014 9:51:10 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.