What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold Trigger template

Votes:

Hi,

I have create a template for my windows server. In this template, I have WMI Free Disk Space.

The template works fine. It discover all the partition on each servers. But now, I want to set up notifications. I want to add automaticly "Threshold Trigger". There is a way to do that ? I see a treshold trigger works on a channel. (I juste found that, so I think I have my answer https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/3963-inheriting-multiple-notification-types#reply-9803)

Or, I need to configure on each server, one by one, for each channel (channel = partition), one-by-one the "treshold" ?

Thanks for your answer !

notifications treshold wmi

Created on Feb 29, 2012 6:58:39 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In that case I would recommend to use the Warning/Error-Limits on the sensors (preferably those on the 'Settings'-tab) and then work with State Triggers according to the type of limits you've set. This way one limit will apply for all drives monitored by one sensor, and you can even use one single State Trigger defined on group level and then being inherited.

Created on Mar 1, 2012 1:17:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

you could create a new template from a device with sensors and threshold triggers already set up. And then do a new Auto-Discovery then, the triggers should then be added also from the Auto-Discovery with the template.

best regards.

Created on Feb 29, 2012 4:03:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

But this only works for partitions will be detected at least once by the sensor before converting it into a template ?

Example :

I have a server with only C:\. I had the WMI Free Disk Space -> Drive All. I need to run one time this sensor for detecting the channel right ? The sensor detect one channel. I put a threshold trigger on this channel. I convert this in template

I have a second server with two partitions C:\ and D:\. I configure autodiscover with my template previously created. I think it detect C:\ and D:\ but only configure the threshold for C:\

I am right ? If yes, there is a way to configure in my template a thresold for All my partitions ?

Thanks !

Created on Mar 1, 2012 6:45:13 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In that case I would recommend to use the Warning/Error-Limits on the sensors (preferably those on the 'Settings'-tab) and then work with State Triggers according to the type of limits you've set. This way one limit will apply for all drives monitored by one sensor, and you can even use one single State Trigger defined on group level and then being inherited.

Created on Mar 1, 2012 1:17:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, it's work fine

Created on Mar 1, 2012 2:34:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.