What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

feedback to functioning of iphone app

Votes:

I was just wondering when there will be an upgrade to the iphone app so that you don't have to keep the app open for you to hear the alerting sounds. or have I just got the app misconfigured?? Currently running ios 5.0 on a 4S. I would like to be able to lock my iphone and like the email "ding" have the prtg function the same way. As long as my phone is powered on and able to talk to my PRTG server and regardless of what function/state the phone is in, if an alert comes across, the PRTG app will always send out that audible alert.

alerts iphone sound

Created on Mar 7, 2012 11:33:01 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The app has to be open in order for alerts to work. This is a limitation of the iOS platform, and I'm sorry we cannot do anything about this.

Created on Mar 19, 2012 2:11:12 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Is this still the case, or can alerts be heard with the app open and the phone locked?

Created on Aug 14, 2015 3:33:22 PM

Votes:

Hello AQiccl135,

Meanwhile Push Notifications are supported.

See also:

Created on Aug 18, 2015 11:54:07 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 18, 2015 11:54:33 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.