What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Track wlan authentications / Cisco 2100 controller

Votes:

Good day- I'm looking to use PRTG to track wireless autentication count. I have a Cisco 2160 Wireless Controller and it has two APs hanging off of it. I can see in the controller logs that events are thrown when wireless clients authenticate/de-authenticate. I'm trying to track daily number of wireless users. I sincerely appreciate any suggestions or input you might have. Cheers...

ap cisco wlan

Created on Jun 1, 2012 1:46:41 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

PRTG does not support this by default, but there are some custom sensors, that might help. Cisco often offers MIB-files that provide monitoring information for their devices. Maybe, you can find an MIB, that contains this information. Follow this link for information, how to include a MIB-File into your PRTG installation.

You can also write your own script/application, that parses the logfile and returns the information you want. You will find information on how to add your own script/application here.

Created on Jun 1, 2012 8:58:29 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.