What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I increase font size on device tree view?

Votes:

We use PRTG 13 to monitor our applications and servers in a command center environment where PRTG will be projected on a wall for the whole room to see.

We primarily use the device tree views so that groups, subgroups and devices can be expanded and collapsed.

I'd like to increase the font size on the Device Tree so that sensor names (and group and device names) can be seen more clearly. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks!

device fonts sensors

Created on May 6, 2013 3:25:23 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Sweeks,

This could be accomplished by editing the CSS for PRTG but we do not support doing this nor do we recommend this as our web developers have spent hours, days and months trying to get the interface to look like it does.

You might have an easier time just using the custom maps or zooming the browser to get a better view of the text.

Created on May 7, 2013 8:05:00 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In the BLOCK view the boxes are fairly large but the font is still way too small to read. If you "zoom in" in the browser it doesn't fit on one page anymore not to mention almost 20% of the real-estate is waisted with the boxes on the right you cant resize or remove. Forget about a monitor on the wall for multiple people to see, I have a 24" on my desk and I still can barely make out the sensors in the boxes from 8" away. The label is small text in the upper left of the box which is otherwise 90% empty. I know in my case the font could be almost twice the size and still not change the box sizes or layout. (for the record I'm on version 22.4.80.1553 so obviously its been an issue for a very long time)

Created on Dec 4, 2022 5:30:22 PM

Votes:

using version 22.4.xxxx and this is still an issue. Developers may have spent a lot of time to get eh boxes to line up in device tree view but my screen is filled with fairly large boxes and little tiny text that is bearly readable on a 24" monitor and am 10" away from it let alone project it on a wall. I asked the same question and got the same answer. Each box is 90% empty with 1 or 2 lines of text at the very top in very small print (maybe size 8 probably size 6 font) plus the white font is hard to see against a bright green background. Even something as simple as allowing us to select the background color, a darker green would make seeing the white text easier (i.e. its a lot easier to see it on the blue "suspended" blocks but not so much on the green or red blocks. Also, so much wasted space to the right of the blocks and the menu takes up so much additional space, top 25% of the screen could easily be compressed to about 10% or less and still function the same but allow much more room for boxes.

Created on Feb 25, 2023 6:39:46 PM

Votes:

We handle the feature requests in our knowledgebase, you can create a new request or vote for a request that has been previously requested. The requests with more votes will get higher priority on our developers department. You can find more information here https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

Created on Mar 2, 2023 6:17:59 AM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.