What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Question about channel limits

Votes:

Hi,

I am new to PRTG and am trying to get rolling with it. I am using the Linux SSH Disk sensor which puts all the file systems under one sensor. The global limits are at lower than 25% for warning and 10% for error. I have one file system at 17%, so in the channel setting, I change its lower limits to 15 and 10 so it will go to OK, but it stays at WARN. Why isn't the channel setting overriding the global? Thanks.

disk sensor-channels ssh

Created on Jan 17, 2014 4:54:57 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

At this time, the channel settings for this sensor do not override the global settings that are set in the settings of the sensor itself. You would need to disable the sensor limits in the sensor settings and then set the channel limits for each one of the channels for them to be different on each drive.

Created on Jan 20, 2014 9:32:00 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Will you be changing that behavior?

Created on Jan 20, 2014 3:09:19 PM

Votes:

We recently had a discussion about this and the decision was made to keep the limits parallel. You can post your vote in the KB article here to possibly get this changed.

Created on Jan 21, 2014 12:54:16 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.