What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you disable tickets?

Votes:

Our company will not use PRTG's Tickets, how do we turn this off?

disable prtg tickets

Created on Mar 17, 2014 8:48:12 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

At this time it's not possible to shut this off but you can disable users from receiving emails in the user settings. Under Setup->User Accounts -> Ticket System you can turn this feature on or off.

Created on Mar 18, 2014 9:52:22 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 22, 2015 1:27:41 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Isn't this taking up unneeded space?

I am looking to clean our HDs. We need the space

Created on Jun 6, 2016 7:36:57 PM

Votes:

Hi Mowermh,

The ticket database will only consume very little space. You can check the current size in the data directory of PRTG:

C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Ticket Database

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 7, 2016 1:19:54 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This really needs to be a setting. we have no use for the ticketing system at all and having to close the various tickets is an admin task we don't need. Please look to implement.

Created on Jul 4, 2018 11:36:45 AM

Votes:

Hello Fred,

What size does your PRTG ticket database have at the moment?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jul 5, 2018 7:06:57 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I agree with FredTrigg.

Please provide an option to fully disable PRTG's ticketing system.

Telling us that it is small does not help. I do not want PRTG using space, ram, cpu cycles on something that i do not, and likely never will, have any use for.

So please either provide a method to disable PRTG's ticketing system, or add a method to the next update.

Created on Nov 26, 2018 2:57:31 PM

Votes:

Hello Seth,

The statement is still correct and while it is not possible to completely disable the internal ticket system, you could try the following instead.

This way, PRTG will automatically delete entries older than the set value from the ticket database.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Nov 27, 2018 1:01:46 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Nov 27, 2018 1:02:06 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'd like to add my support to turning off the ticket system at the server level. We monitor systems across five datacenters with a few thousand sensors. We use the PRTG android app and email alerts for tracking problems. We have our own ticket system that covers a lot more than just PRTG related stuff.

I just manually closed 2700+ PRTG tickets, covering the last three months, and am just one of seven admins in our organization. For us, the ticket system serves no purpose, occupies space, makes our backups larger and burns CPU cycles for no good reason.

Per the automatic closing of tickets referred to above, it only closes when the alert condition clears. Otherwise, you need to do it yourself.

The small size of the ticket files / database is irrelevant. It doesn't add value and consumes limited resources. A tap dripping once a second can waste close to 8,000 liters of water in a year. This is no different. We can turn off the email alerts if we want too, so why can't we just shut off the tickets?

If there is someone out there who does what this feature then they can turn it on. I just want to turn if off and simplify things.

Thanks.

Created on Jun 4, 2019 8:06:11 PM

Votes:

Hello MrMonitor,

Thank you very much for your response.

I understand the request but still, there is momentarily no possibility to completely disable PRTG's internal ticket system. You can delete the files from the /Ticket Database sub directory while the PRTG Core Server is shut down but this is a not very satisfying approach either to be honest.

Creating a feature request to raise awareness is probably the best approach that I can over at present.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 5, 2019 7:35:32 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.