I would like to see some examples and real usages of PRTG’s customization abilities. Can you show me some application and code examples which show how to customize the web GUI of PRTG?
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 through 17.3.33
PRTG Web Interface Customizations
General Appearance of PRTG
- How do I customize the PRTG web interface’s login screen?
Gives an idea for your own PRTG login screen
- How can I remove “Forgot your password” from login screen?
Shows how to delete the “Forgot password?” link on PRTG’s login screen
- How can I remove the help box completely from the web interface?
Shows how to hide the help box in PRTG’s web interface
- CSS changes to modify white background
Provides a CSS code to modify the background color in PRTG
- How can I display a message to all PRTG users using the Web GUI?
Shows how to display message boxes with custom text on the bottom right of PRTG’s web interface
- How can I disable mouseover popups in PRTG?
Shows how to remove tooltips and info boxes from PRTG's web interface when hovering items
- How can I hide the red warning box for disconnected probes?
Shows how to remove the red warning message in the lower right corner of the web interface
Device Tree and Sensor Display Adjustments
- How can I add my own device icons for use in the PRTG web interface?
Shows how you can use any icons for devices in PRTG.
Note: This is still possible in PRTG versions 17.3.34/17.4.35 and later.
- How can I change the width of the devices and group “boxes” shown in the PRTG device tree?
Explains how you can extend the width of device tree “boxes” to show long device/group names
- How many sensor icons are loaded immediately in the web interface and how can I change this number?
Shows how to change the number of sensors which are rendered instantly in the device tree
- How can I hide sensors with a specific status from my PRTG read-only users?
Shows how to not show sensors in a specific status (e.g. paused sensors) for read-only users
- How can I hide the “2 Days”, “30 Days” and “365 Days” graphs on the group pages
Shows how to remove graphs from group views
- How can I get rid of sensor gauges or hide them?
Shows how to remove sensor gauges from device and sensor pages
- How can I show full channel names below report graphs?
Shows how to enlarge the space in historic data reports to see full channel names instead of abbreviations
- How can I change the way markers look like in PRTG’s geo maps?
Shows how to change color, size, and shape of geo map markers
- How can I track geo data of my Mobile Device?
Shows how to display current location and movements of a mobile device in a geo map using the Android Mobile Probe
PRTG Maps (Dashboards)
- Where can I find custom map objects and other map customizations?
Collects articles about custom map objects and general map customizations
Note: If you want to update from an outdated PRTG version (previous to v13.2.3) to a current PRTG version, please consider also the article What about my web interface customization as of PRTG 13.2.3?