What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change the calendars start day?

Votes:

I'm in the US and our weeks start on sunday. The calendars for selecting maintenance, report windows, logs and so forth are starting with Monday. Can you please tell me how to change this? There doesn't seem to be a setting for that?

calendar log maintenance-window sunday

Created on May 29, 2014 4:17:23 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 29, 2014 4:25:04 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

There is no setting for that in the PRTG GUI. But you can modify a javascript file inside PRTG. Simply open the file _Prtg.DateTimePicker.js in an editor of your choice. It resides in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\javascript Search for firstDay:1 and change it to firstDay:0

Of course you can use any other day of the week as well:

• 0 - Sunday
  • 1 - Monday
  • 2 - Tuesday
  • 3 - Wednesday
  • 4 - Thursday
  • 5 - Friday
  • 6 - Saturday

Please note

This setting is not officially supported and you'll have to do these steps every time PRTG gets updated.

Created on May 29, 2014 4:24:14 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 29, 2014 4:24:36 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I was preparing to raise this very calendar-date-picker display issue when I found this entry. Though this was posted some time ago, I firmly support this feature request. I do, however, appreciate the manual override described here.

Having the option to select which day "starts the week" in Setup > Account Settings > My Account > Web Interface settings in the same vein as the Date Format customizations already available would be a boon to USers (and others to whom this format is common) not to mention a reduction in translation errors for the visual-minded. It is always a tiny chore to adjust against the offset positions in the current, Monday-first visualization.

Created on Sep 17, 2018 11:15:18 PM

Votes:

Welp, I was not really aware of that workaround anymore - sorry! I sure would've provided you with that one :) I'll create a corresponding feature request and link it here.

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 18, 2018 8:45:07 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi everyone,

This feature request has been converted into an official feature request:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/81480-allow-changing-first-day-of-the-week-in-date-pickers

Please read our new guide on how we want to handle feature requests in future. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Sep 19, 2018 12:35:47 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.