What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Maintenance Windows Specification

Votes:

Hello,

I need to define specific maintenance windows in advance for a specific time-frame. The schedule functionality is insufficient for that. When you could provide this very meaningful feature?

Best regards, Markus

feature-request maintenance prtg schedules wishlist

Created on Jun 10, 2014 11:55:58 AM

Last change on Jun 11, 2014 7:25:58 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This is something that has been requested but not often enough for us to have implemented this. If others vote up this post, this is something that we would consider. I have added the tag wishlist to this post so that it shows up as a feature request.

Created on Jun 11, 2014 7:25:39 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

up!

Created on Mar 2, 2016 12:44:08 PM

Votes:

Check out this post: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/68617-schedule-for-limits#reply-226681

It MIGHT solve your issue.

Created on Mar 9, 2016 11:56:32 PM

Votes:

I would be interested in this function being more flexible. I have several servers that back up every day and hence go offline for about 10 minutes which invokes prtg messages. I would like to be able to setup a daily maintenance window, for example from 4:00 - 4:30 whereby the messages from sensors being down are surpressed during that window.

Created on Apr 8, 2016 8:01:46 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

definitely a necessary feature. I have some customers where, due to various V-DSL and monitored VPN lines, the connection will be broken every single night from roundabouts 2am to 3-30am. Every morning, the first that I have to do is trash my mailbox.

Our ticketing system is set up to automatically trash all PRTG notifications and called webhooks from that customer because otherwise you get a fit every morning, but that's really not ideal.

Am I getting this right? There is no option whatsoever in PRTG to set up a daily window for "don't bother sending tons of mails between 2 and 3 o'clock, we know their internet connections will be down at some point and come back up at another point"? How basic is that feature? (doh)

And how hard can it be to add the flag "daily" onto the one time maintenance window settings per probe, that already exists? I must have overseen where I can set this up somewhere, haven't I?

cheers Patrick

Licensed Edition PRTG Network Monitor 5000 Maintenance until 9/12/2020

Created on Feb 8, 2018 6:47:59 AM

Votes:

Please check out the PRTG Scheduler - it does exactly what you need ;)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 8, 2018 7:14:24 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.