What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I Turn Notifications off for certain objects after working hours?

Votes:

I was wondering, can you turn notifications off for non-critical servers and switches between say, the hours of 6pm and 8am?

With all staff receiving alerts via their cell phones, it seems needless to have it pinging off at all hours if the notification is for non-critical hardware. During the work day the notifications for all devices is setup as we need, but would ne nice to turn some off for the evening.

Thanks,

after-hours notifications turn-off

Created on Aug 7, 2014 6:24:37 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

in addition to Miguel's answer, it is also possible to set Schedules on Notifications to regularly pause them: http://i62.tinypic.com/20qdx7c.png best regards.

Created on Aug 11, 2014 7:56:43 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

I haven't seen an option for turning off notifications but you have the option to set a schedule for maintenance where those devices/sensors will be paused for that time specified.

Created on Aug 8, 2014 9:57:48 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

in addition to Miguel's answer, it is also possible to set Schedules on Notifications to regularly pause them: http://i62.tinypic.com/20qdx7c.png best regards.

Created on Aug 11, 2014 7:56:43 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You could give the sensors different priority and make libraries with different notifications settings, like descriped in the KB article:
Notifications based on priority or favorites

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 11, 2014 11:07:24 AM

Votes:

Thanks for your responses.

I think the scheduling option should do the trick.

Cheers,

Created on Aug 19, 2014 9:07:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.