What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

FTP Sensor after 14.4.12. update

Votes:

I am monitoring an FTP connection that is unsecured, however after the update, it is unable to connect any more because of this. Was this removed during the update?

The manual still has the old "Don't use SSL" option in it, however the sensor no longer does.

The TLS settings in the sensor now stat use implicit or use explicit TLS if available. Will it not work any more with now encryption?

encryption ftp reports ssl

Created on Oct 22, 2014 9:48:03 PM

14 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for using PRTG. Can you please switch to " Use explicit Transport-Level Security if available" (in the "Settings of the sensor)? Does this help? If it does not help, if possible get in contact with us via email and send us an FTP-Server we can connect to (where you experience the issue), against which we can run some tests.

best regards.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 8:10:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 28, 2014 8:36:08 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It didn't help. It just gives me a different error now, saying SSL/TLS is not available.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 1:15:43 PM

Votes:

Same problem here... Tried all the setting explicit/implicit - no help.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 1:31:24 PM

Votes:

We plan improvements on the FTP Sensor in a quick fix. May I ask though, if possible get in contact with us via email and send us an FTP-Server we can connect to (where you experience the issue), against which we can run some tests.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 1:44:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

Getting the same error:

Error establishing secure connection (TLSv1+ Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused. -- TLSv1_0 Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused. -- SSLv3 Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused. -- SSLv2 Socket Error # 10061 Connection refused.)

after installed the update to Version 14.4.12.3284.

Tried changing from "Use implicit Transport-Level Security if available" to "Use explicit Transport-Level Security if available" still not working.

Please help.

Created on Oct 27, 2014 6:10:35 AM

Votes:

May I ask, if possible get in contact with us via email and send us an FTP-Server we can connect to (where you experience the issue), against which we can run some tests.

Created on Oct 27, 2014 8:50:55 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same error!! please help!

Created on Oct 27, 2014 10:02:29 PM

Votes:

Hi, yes please. Do drop me email at [email protected]

I'm keen looking forward for the solution. Please help.

Thank you.

Created on Oct 28, 2014 8:34:41 AM

Last change on Oct 31, 2014 8:43:46 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi still have not receive any reply from you, please help................

Created on Oct 31, 2014 12:35:27 AM

Votes:

Please get in contact with us via email and send us an FTP-Server we can connect to (where you experience the issue), against which we can run some tests.

Created on Oct 31, 2014 8:47:33 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are working on an update for the FTP sensors and the sensor will be part of the next stable release coming in the next 1-3 weeks. I'll notify you in this thread when the new version is released. Please bear with us.

Best regards

Created on Oct 31, 2014 8:53:36 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We released a new stable and preview version (14.4.12.3409/3410) with an update for the FTP sensors.

• FTP sensor now offers an option for "unencrypted" connections
  • Changed: The FTP sensor now uses "anonymous" as default login if you did not define a user name. Please make sure that the anonymous user is allowed on you target FTP server, or provide valid credentials

Best regards

Created on Nov 5, 2014 5:48:53 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After the update to 22.2.77.2204+ I have the same problem until the update there were no problems

Created on Jul 25, 2022 5:59:53 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Please take a look here about the current issue.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 25, 2022 6:50:24 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 25, 2022 6:50:36 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.