What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG keeps using port 80 for "Keep-Alive" and interferes with the web server on 80

Votes:

My Home Automation server is on port 80 of a dedicated machine along with PRTG to monitor my LAN connections. PRTG is setup to use port 1003.

Every minute the PRTG Enterprise Console sends a keep-alive message to port 80 which confuses my automation services. This only started happening recently, so must be due to some update "feature" but it is driving me crazy!!

I added "NoSSLRedirect" to the PRTG Registry config, but it did not seem to make a difference.

How do I get PRTG to communicate with port 1003, where it belongs, and quit bothering my Automation Server?

:-(

default-ports keep-alive port-conflict

Created on Oct 30, 2014 11:24:41 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Have you set in the Enterprise Console Settings the Port using 1003?

The NoSSLRedirect article describes only the change for the PRTG core server. To disable the SSL redirect also for the Enterprise Console please perform the following steps:

Important: Please make proper backup before editing the registry!

In the registry editor, go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\WinGUI\

There, create a new DWORD value with the name

NoSelfhealing

Set this value to 1 to disable Auto-Healing. Set it to 0 to enable Auto-Healing again.

Created on Nov 3, 2014 2:36:57 PM by  [email protected]

Last change on Sep 8, 2021 6:03:04 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.