What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring I/O on a SAN: HP MSA 2040

Votes:

I have succesfully added a nice set of monitoring sensors in PRTG, but I am missing an sensor to monitor the I/O load on the SAN. Is there any available ?

hp san ssh storage

Created on Dec 23, 2014 8:31:38 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear Henk van Beek

The SSH SAN Physical Disk sensor shows the total IOs. Current I/O load cannot be monitored out of the box.

Created on Dec 24, 2014 2:10:40 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Henk,

You wil need to download a MIB file for the device from the vendor or from http://www.oidview.com and convert it to an OID file using Paesslers MIB Importer and Converter.

Next you can create a new SNMP Library Sensor that will use the OID file that you created.

Created on Dec 24, 2014 2:21:35 PM

Votes:

Hi

I added the MIBs but I don't know which value to choose to monitor the disk I/O. Can you help me?

Regards Tatiana Stampfli

Created on Feb 4, 2015 11:57:18 AM

Votes:

Hi Tatiana,
Please check with your vendor which OID refers to the IO you want to monitor. As I neither know the device you are using nor your configuration, I'm not able to help here. Sorry.
Best regards

Created on Feb 5, 2015 12:46:43 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Guys, have you any success with the question? I have the same task! I confused with SNMP monitoring, because i can see device info only with SSH.

Created on Dec 6, 2018 1:17:36 PM

Votes:

Hi Vasily,

have you already tried the suggestion in this post?

Kind regards

Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Dec 7, 2018 11:00:50 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.