What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to see historical utilization data in report

Votes:

Since this week I am having identical problems as described in kb49303 (https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/49303-unable-to-see-historical-data-in-report).

Reports for other (ping, snmp) sensors work, only not for bandwidth/traffic sensors. For these the graphs are empty in PDF reports (see attached example). I am able to view them under live/historical data and create HTML-based reports however, so the data does exist and is available for PRTG.

Tried and tested; - Setup > Systeem beheer > Systeembeheer > Recalculate PRTG Graph Data Cache - Restart server

Both to no avail.

Could you please help me solve this puzzle? PRTG version: 14.2.9.1.1799

Kind regards,

Richard Laning

pdf prtg report

Created on Jan 5, 2015 10:31:25 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the KB-Post. May I ask, was there a change of the scanning interval on the SNMP Traffic Sensors? If yes, what happens if you change the interval back?

best regards.

Created on Jan 5, 2015 10:34:34 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I'm afraid there have been no changes in configuration settings for at least a month. And the first week of december PDF reports were still possible.

Created on Jan 5, 2015 10:40:36 AM

Votes:

Solved;

The day of the initial failed report did indeed mis data because some failure in PRTG, which corrected itself the next day. For the consecutive (test) reports on other dates I used an illegal timeframe (identical start and end date). This confused me and gave me the impression that I was having a serious problem. Luckily this is not the case, which is a great relief.

Created on Jan 5, 2015 12:34:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.