What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how can i create a map showing all sensors by a tag

Votes:

until now we installed prtg, got all the sensors running, but now i want to have different views. and preffered by tag on a screen displayed in different presentations but it seems i cannto find how to do this? can it be something simple as things cannot be done?

map sensor tags

Created on Jan 12, 2015 9:20:17 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Dear mccs

It is possible to create libraries with tag filters, however a PRTG map does not support libraries as object. Library support for maps is something we have on our radar, but I cannot give you an estimate of when we implement this feature yet.

If you just want to see sensors of a particular tag, please use the menu Sensors / By Tag.

Created on Jan 15, 2015 4:55:26 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Any progress on this yet? Would be keen to use this function.

"Library support for maps is something we have on our radar,"

Thanks.

Created on Sep 9, 2016 4:28:44 AM

Votes:

Dear rogersinel

This is still something we would like to do, but there are no plans to do this in the near future. Supporting libraries poses some technical challenges and some UI issues which needs to be solved first. We are focusing right now on other map editor improvements.

Created on Sep 9, 2016 11:35:52 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

same request for me ! i'm very interrested with this future (far)? fonctionnality

thank you

Created on Oct 5, 2016 11:06:07 AM

Votes:

Consider your vote counted. That makes 3 so far :)

Created on Oct 5, 2016 11:25:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes please count us also in, we need this to.

we have made libraries, but only need the status icons on a map and not the complete sunburst. Or is there an other way to have status icons on a map, that have specific tags just like a library?

I have been searching, but stil could not find it.

Created on Dec 5, 2016 3:04:04 PM

Votes:

How about creating a business process sensor, add the objects via it's tag and then use the traffic light in conjunction with the BP sensor? That should mostly be what you're looking for :)

Created on Dec 6, 2016 12:55:39 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

After 4 years have we had any progress on this?

Are you planning to go online?

Automating the creation of MAPAs by selecting tags is very useful. Please prioritize.

Created on Jul 10, 2019 3:56:04 PM

Votes:

This is something that is likely not going to be implemented, as we already allow adding tag filters to a map, which apply to tables and sunbursts. For anything else, please use the aforementioned Business Process Sensor approach.

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 11, 2019 8:02:07 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.