What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Migrating to another server

Votes:

I have read the post at https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer

But I am wondering if there is a way to just migrate the devices and the senor setups. We are migrating to a server that is not accessible from the current server and our current Monitoring Database Folder is over 27GB.

Does this folder just contain the senosr history or does it also contain the device and sensor setup information. We are not too concerned about the history of the sensors when we migrate but would to not have to re-enter all the device and sensor set up info (i.e. IP address for a PING monitor or the notes for the device).

device migration prtg senors

Created on Apr 7, 2015 6:02:17 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Butters,

The Monitoring Database folder just contains historic data, no configuration details. PRTG creates a new directory for each day, you could also for example just migrate the last 30 days to reduce the database size. The most important file is the PRTG Configuration.dat.

Please do also have a look here to see where PRTG stores its data.

Best regards

Created on Apr 8, 2015 4:49:53 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have a current PRTG configuration with sensors and devices that I would like to use as a template for new PRTG installations. Would it be possible for me to export this configuration and use it on a new network? The most I'd like to change are hostnames, IP addresses, and logins. If you are facing any problem related to outlook support please visit:- www.outlooktechnicalsupportnumbers.com/

Created on Oct 4, 2018 11:25:22 AM

Votes:

John,

You can do this. Just once you start up the first time, you will need to make changes for the new system.

You will do this the same way you would migrate one PRTG config to another host.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Oct 4, 2018 11:42:13 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.