What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot Start PRTG Core Server Service

Votes:

I cant access my PRTG from the web browser. When I check the PRTG service, the PRTG Core Server Service is turned off. But when I try to turn it on, the service cannot start. I go to PRTG Server Administration > Service control > start the service and it says "Could not start webserver for http://10.80.254.253:8787: Could not load "basenode : " is not a valid integer"

Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Regards

error prtg snmp

Created on Apr 20, 2015 7:29:05 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PRTG. It seems the configuration file is corrupt here. Please try restoring an older backup of the configuration file, from PRTGs Auto-Backup folder.

Created on Apr 20, 2015 1:26:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

Thank you for your reply I have followed the link you give and I have tried it When I tried to start the service, the message "Could not start webserver for http://10.80.254.253:8787: Could not load "basenode : " is not a valid integer" still appear, but the service is started, and I can access the PRTG from the web and GUI.

How to make this message disappear when starting the service?

Regards

Created on Apr 21, 2015 1:44:51 AM

Votes:

Please forward us a Support Bundle including the system log files for analysis. This can be done via the "Contact Support" ribbon in the lower right corner of the web interface. Please refer to this KB-Thread when submitting the Bundle.

Created on Apr 21, 2015 6:59:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.