What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with WMI returning 80041010 error

Votes:

The Paessler WMI Tester is returning error 80041010 specified class in not valid when I try to access a Windows HyperV Server in a workgroup. I am able to use powershell from the same system as the tester, and I get a reply. The tester is version 2.3.2.6.

80041010 hyperv prtg wmi workgroup

Created on Jun 22, 2015 2:16:41 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

What query are you trying to run with the test and what credentials are you using? Also, what query are you using with Powershell?

Created on Jun 23, 2015 3:34:04 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Every issue I've had with WMI queries have been credentials related. When I change the device from inherit to a specific administrator account then test, it starts to work. I then change it back to inherit and it continues to work. It's like it looses it's inherited qualifications.

Created on Jun 23, 2015 8:07:40 PM

Votes:

Are you still getting the error with the tester even now that it's working in PRTG?

Created on Jun 24, 2015 10:08:39 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am running the query 'SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem' in both the Tester and PowerShell. The credentials for both methods are Server\Administrator.

In PRTG I tried to enter the credentials on the device directly and got the same error.

Powershell is working, PRTG and the Tester are not.

Created on Jun 24, 2015 1:22:03 PM

Votes:

Have you tried to re-register the classes as recommended here:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/35963-80041010:-the-specified-class-is-not-valid

Created on Jun 25, 2015 11:19:35 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.