What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory Trusted Domain Login

Votes:

Currently we are trying to have some users from a trusted domain log into our PRTG console. We have added the trusted domain users to a domain local group on the PRTG domain and the error is a generic bad username/password error. When looking through the logs, it looks like it is trying to authenticate the trusted users as the prtg domain instead of the trusted domain. Does PRTG support a trusted domain environment? Is there a way to allow a user to input their credentials like "domain\username"?

active-directory failed-logins prtg

Created on Aug 27, 2015 3:19:05 PM

11 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using our PRTG Network Monitor. I'm afraid currently this is just not possible. I will put this request, to be able to use trusted AD-Domain Credentials to login to your PRTG Interface, onto the wishlist for our PRTG Network Monitor. But I have to ask you to please bear with us, I cannot promise this within the next 12 months. With requests being our road map or wish list, we need to decide if the efforts to implement such features would be very high, or will the number of users, who benefit from implementing the feature, be very high. We do see the point and value in this request of course, have to decide how we 'use' the limited developer time we have, to implement features which benefit all or at least most of our PRTG users.

Best regards.

Created on Aug 28, 2015 7:24:35 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I also need this feature, because we have several domains with trust between them, so many users needs to be defined as local PRTG user which is not very convenient for maintain. So you have my vote for this feature.

Regards.

Created on May 16, 2016 10:00:03 AM

Votes:

Lovely idea. I'm in for one vote as well.

Created on May 26, 2016 9:18:58 PM

Votes:

Hi, is there any way to get this working yet? We have users within a sub-domain and PRTG server in the top level domain. The users have been added to groups in the top level domain but get bad username/password error too.

Created on Jun 21, 2017 11:29:36 AM

Votes:

This request is 3 years old, and still unresolved. I guess it's not high on the list of things to do, ever.

Created on Jul 24, 2018 7:39:21 PM

Votes:

Hi, also the need here!

Created on Aug 20, 2018 9:31:55 AM

Votes:

Hi, over here as well!

Created on Oct 17, 2018 2:52:15 PM

Votes:

I would appreciate that too.

Created on Feb 7, 2019 7:35:44 AM

Votes:

As of right now, there are no plans to do so; however, we do have a feature request regarding that:
SSO with AD or ADFS, including 2FA

I've updated the request to include trusted domains as well. Please place your upvote in that thread if you'd like to see this feature implemented in the future.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 7, 2019 7:42:54 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We would benefit greatly from AD access across trusted domains.

Created on Jul 16, 2020 1:59:58 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Still not available ?

I vote for :-)

kind regards.

Created on Jan 21, 2021 2:16:35 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.