What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Fundamental problems in PRTG installation after Master Slave move

Votes:

Hi I used this link ( https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer ) to move my Master PRTG to a Slave PRTG but I don't see that the migration was successfully completed.

While logging in to the Web GUI I see this message:

“…Warning Monitoring may be incomplete or inaccurate due to fundamental problems in your PRTG installation!...”

When I check the Server configuration I still can see the old Master PRT still active but not started. More still the FQDN used is not available and I got to use the new server name instead.

Could You please help me to get this going, thank you.

master migration slave

Created on Sep 17, 2015 10:55:18 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the article referenced only describes to move a PRTG installation itself but not how to move a master cluster node to failover. In your case I would recommend reactivating the old master node and then breaking up the cluster on both nodes. Afterwards you can move your master to failover and if wanted re-establish a cluster. See this article for details.
Best regards

Created on Sep 18, 2015 12:09:00 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello!

In some cases this message appear to all PRTG users: “…Warning Monitoring may be incomplete or inaccurate due to fundamental problems in your PRTG installation!...”

I know about this (i Shut Down Failover Node) and i don't want to this message showing to every user. How i can Disable it?

Created on Mar 11, 2019 2:44:07 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

If you plan to leave the Failover Node offline, then please consider reverting PRTG back to a standalone installation. This will also save a lot of resources.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2019 9:33:35 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.