What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with Windows Updates sensor

Votes:

Hello Guys,

I have updated my playground to Windows 10 1511 (TH2).

Since then Windows Uodates sensor shows a warning for "Time since last update": -1 s (Time since last update) is below the warning limit of 0 s . Time since last update not okay

The used PRTG version is 15.4.20.4713

Greetings Ingo

sensor update windows-10 wmi

Created on Nov 14, 2015 11:39:36 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Ingo,

The value "-1" means that the sensor cannot determine the Time since the last update. This might have various reasons, most likely this will occur if the lists of available updates is empty and the sensor is not able to compare the time stamps.

You can disable the warning message by clicking on the Time since last update gauge to enter the channel settings.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 19, 2015 7:54:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi Ingo,

Can you please try to create the sensor anew? Does it only happen on one Windows system, or is it a particularity on this device?

Is PRTG installed on your "playground" machine running Windows 10 and monitoring itself? Or is the probe installed on another OS?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 17, 2015 12:21:47 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

I already tried to create the sensor anew, same error.

And PRTG is running on my "playground" under Windows 10 and is among other devices monitoring itself.

Kind regards, Ingo

Created on Nov 18, 2015 8:38:10 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Ingo,

The value "-1" means that the sensor cannot determine the Time since the last update. This might have various reasons, most likely this will occur if the lists of available updates is empty and the sensor is not able to compare the time stamps.

You can disable the warning message by clicking on the Time since last update gauge to enter the channel settings.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 19, 2015 7:54:06 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have this problem, my list of available updates is empty. I think it is not a wise option to disable a warning, so is there a way to fill the list of updates?

Created on Nov 2, 2016 3:19:47 PM

Votes:

Hello bregman,

Thank you for you reply.

Do you already use the PowerShell-based Windows Update Status sensor and is your PRTG installation up-to-date?

Best,
Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 3, 2016 5:54:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, I use the custom Sensor on all my Servers, but on two Servers available updates is empty.

Currently Installed Version 15.4.21.5216+

Created on Nov 3, 2016 10:38:58 AM

Votes:

Hello bregman,

Please contact us via Email and provide us a support bundle for further analysis.

Best,
Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 3, 2016 11:44:36 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.