What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Map: multiselect

Votes:

Goodmorning,

is there a way to select multiple items on a map and move them togheter?

map-objects maps prtg

Created on Jan 25, 2016 4:38:32 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi Andrea,

I'm afraid that it will only be possible to move the objects one by one, sorry. I will forward the feedback to our development so that we can consider to integrate it in future versions of PRTG.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 26, 2016 6:06:57 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. As a web programmer I must compliment to PRTG programmers cause the entire software is perfect: easy masks, alot of graphical help, fast, clear. The only thing that doesn't seems to be like the other part of the software is the map editor: I hope to see an improved version of it, it's the only thing that can be better!

Created on Jan 26, 2016 8:06:55 AM

Votes:

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the kind words. We are already collecting a lot of feedback from PRTG users to improve the map designer and of course other features of PRTG, so I'm also exited to see how future versions will look like.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 26, 2016 8:25:13 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

+1 for this idea. Would be great to have this

Created on Jan 26, 2016 1:44:33 PM

Votes:

+1 for this idea. We could realy use this.

Created on Oct 25, 2016 9:05:51 AM

Votes:

Paessler said this was planned 3 years ago!? See https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/46253-map-designer-select-multiple-obejct

Created on Jan 27, 2017 1:07:24 PM

Votes:

Hello John,

In regards to the development process, it's not only about when a feature is requested, it's about how we can invest our available development time to help as many users as possible. Until now, the prioritization was not high enough and other features got implemented. I understand that this feature is important for you and I agree, that this will help to move multiple objects quicker. This is something we will need to consider if we rewrite or update the map creator tool.

We created an article to give you an insight of this process:How does Paessler Handle User Feedback and Feature Requests?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 27, 2017 1:55:18 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any update on this???????

Created on Feb 20, 2018 8:41:48 PM

Votes:

Hi Russlee,

I'm sorry, but there is no new version of the map designer available yet.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Feb 21, 2018 2:00:33 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.