What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I resize custom map objects

Votes:

Dear,

I want to increase the font size of a custom map object, but couldn't find anything.

I've created a custom map object for my library to show it in our map.

Currently the library is present in the map but the font size is to small so I wan't it to be a little bit bigger.

Could you please tell me how I can do this?

I used this to create a custom map object (found this in the kb) the library ID which I created is 3682 and I placed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects :

<!--Custom Map Objects: Traffic Internet BreakoutPoint>

<div class="map_object map_table <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_objectstate_" id="<@objectid>">" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="overflow:hidden;<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  <#checkobjecttype objecttype="probenode,group" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">
<div id="viewport">
<div id="libTree" class="libTree prtg-plugin" 
  data-plugin="libtree" 
  data-objectid="3682"
  data-lib-name='Library'
  data-view-type='<#system type="groupviewsize" varexpand="overwrite" overwrite="@grpvs">'
  data-controls-parent='#viewport'
  data-hide-controls="true"
  data-objects='<#table 
    id='3682'
    output='json'
    count='*'
    subcheck='1'
    noraw='1'
    content='library'
    sortby='probegroupdevice'
    filter_basetype='@ntxt('sensor')'
    columns='objid,name,access=treejson,probegroupdevice=treejson,basetype,icon,favorite,fold,devicenum=textraw,groupnum=textraw,totalsens=textraw,upsens=textraw,downsens=textraw,partialdownsens=textraw,warnsens=textraw,pausedsens=textraw,unusualsens=textraw,undefinedsens=textraw,downacksens=textraw,condition,status=textraw,message=textraw,info,priority,libkind,liblinkedid'>'
  >
    </div>
  </div>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Thank you in advance,

Abdullah

custom-library font-size prtg

Created on Feb 9, 2016 10:58:13 AM

Last change on Feb 9, 2016 12:22:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Abdullah,

The Custom Object is basically a table. Here we have an explanation on how to alter the font sizes for tables in maps, which should also work with this object.

Kind regards.

Created on Feb 10, 2016 3:31:30 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard,

Thank you for a very quick answer, but I had already tried that but nothing changed.

I may did it in a wrong way.

I should say that I'm very new to PRTG.

Abdullah Aslan

Created on Feb 10, 2016 3:36:34 PM

Votes:

Hi Abdullah,

Ok, I'll ask one of the developers and get back to you as soon as I have feedback.

Kind regards.

Created on Feb 11, 2016 8:16:38 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Abdullah,

Sorry, it's not gonna work with this object, because the fields carrying text in such a sunburst object do not expand to support customized font sizes.

Kind regards.

Created on Feb 22, 2016 7:14:14 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.