What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification when "Paused by dependency"

Votes:

Hello.

There is a problem.

There sensor1 and sensor2. In the sensor1, the dependence on sensor2 On sensore1 set mail notification when passing the sensor in the status of "down", and also the reduction of the same notice in the mail. The sensor is in the status of "down" and a notice has been sent previously. Sensor2 goes into the status "down" and Sensor1 pauses. What happens: given notice that the sensor1 has restored the value of a "not down." because the status of transferred to the status of "Pause" After the restoration work sensor2 the following occurs: It should send a message that sensor1 moved to the status of "down".

How to make so that no data updates and the following occurred: Sensora2 the transition to the status of "down", its dependent status sensors are moved into the "Pause" and have given notice and memorize the previous state. After restoring Sensor2, dependent sensors should check the current status of the status of the transition to the status of a "pause" and if on remains the same, it does not send a notification. If whether the current version of the solution of the problem or not?

dependency notifications pause sensor status

Created on Mar 2, 2016 1:27:01 PM

Last change on Mar 4, 2016 2:28:50 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

12 Replies

Votes:

I'm afraid that I'm unable to understand what you mean. Could you post the question again in russian if possible? I'll ask my colleague to translate it then :)

Created on Mar 4, 2016 2:30:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I write on Russia.

Есть Датчик1 и Датчик2. В Датчике1 настроена зависимость от датчика2. У Датчика1 насроено уведомления по почте при переходе его состояния в статусе "Ошибка(Down)", а при сбросе этого состояния так же настроено уведомление на почту.

Ситуация: Датчик1 находится в состоянии «Ошибка(Down)» и уведомление было отправлено при переходе в это состояние. Датчик2 переходит в состояние "Ошибка(Down)" и соответственно по зависимости Датчик1 переходит в состояние пауза. Что происходит: Приходит уведомление о том что Датчик1 восстановил состояние на "НЕ ОШИБКА", потому что переведен в состояние "Пауза". После восстановления работы Датчика2 происходит следующее: Датчик1 (согласно зависимости) выходит из состояния "Пауза" и проверяет свое состояние т.к. оно остается в состоянии "Ошибка(Down)" отправляется уведомление об этом на почту .

Как сделать так, чтобы: При переходе Датчик1 (согласно зависимости) в состояние "Пауза" не происходило уведомление на почту, а запоминалось предыдущее его состояние(т.е. в нашем случае "Ошибка(Down)". Когда же Датчик1 выйдет из состояния "Пауза", то после проверки его состояния, происходило сравнение с состоянием которое было до перехода в "Паузу" и если оно не изменилось то не высылать повторного уведомления на почту. Если ли решения такой задачи или нет?

Created on Mar 6, 2016 12:48:39 AM

Votes:

Итак, мой русский не мог сделать что-то из этого, а также. Мы поняли следующее:

[Sensor 1] ---[depends on]---> [Sensor 2]

1. [Sensor 1] DOWN

2. [Sensor 2] PAUSED

3. [Sensor 1] Notification DOWN

4. [Sensor 1] Notification UP
   [Sensor 2] STILL DOWN

5. [Sensor 2] Notification DOWN

Это верно? И от того, что мы поняли, вы не хотите 5, не так ли?

Important note This was translated via google translate and might contain errors and misspellings.

Created on Mar 7, 2016 10:18:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Не совсем..

Что происходит сейчас: [Sensor 1] ---[depends on]---> [Sensor 2]

• 1. [Sensor 1] -> DOWN -> send notify
  • 2. [Sensor 2] -> DOWN -> [Sensor 1] -> PAUSE -> Notify("sensor1 Message: paused by dependency")
  • 3. [Sensor 2] -> UP -> [Sensor 1] ->STILL DOWN-> Notify("sensor1 Message: Sensor is down")
  • 4. [Sensor 1] -> UP -> Notify("sensor1 Message: Sensor is up")

Что хочется получить: [Sensor 1] ---[depends on]---> [Sensor 2]

• 1. [Sensor 1] -> DOWN -> send notify
  • 2. [Sensor 2] -> DOWN -> [Sensor 1] -> PAUSE -> sensor1 without Notify
  • 3. [Sensor 2] -> UP -> [Sensor 1] ->STILL DOWN-> sensor1 without notify
  • 4. [Sensor 1] -> UP -> Notify("sensor1 Message: Sensor is up")

Created on Mar 7, 2016 1:11:24 PM

Votes:

English
That should work when you make sensor 1 depend on sensor 2 and add a "When condition clears" notification to sensor one. The problem is step 3. That won't work properly. You could create a HTTP notification that acknowledges the sensor, but it may or may not work depending on how fast the original sensor will go into a down state :/ It's some kind of race condition...

русский
Это должно работать, когда вы делаете датчик 1 зависит от датчика 2 и добавить "Когда условие очищает" уведомление одного датчика. Проблема заключается в том, что шаг 3. не будет работать должным образом. Вы можете создать оповещение HTTP, признающее датчик, но он может или не может работать в зависимости от того, насколько быстро оригинальный датчик перейдет в состояние вниз: / Это своего рода гонки состояние ...

Note This has been translated using Google Translate and may contain errors.

Created on Mar 10, 2016 7:39:21 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Не понял как именно это настроить

Для разработчиков: Думаю будет полезным добавить в триггер уведомления значение UP. т.е. уведомление когда датчик перешел в состояние UP. Тогда можно будет легко настроить схему которую я описал.

English: I do not understand how this setup.

For developers: I think will be useful to add to the value of the trigger UP notice. those. notification when the sensor is moved to the UP state. Then it will be easy to set up a scheme which I have described.

Created on Mar 10, 2016 10:42:28 AM

Votes:

русский
Существует опция уведомление "При выполнении условия очищает" - к сожалению, это означает, что происходит от вниз в любое другое состояние, поэтому он не может быть полезно для вас

English
There is a notification option "When condition clears" - unfortunately, this means going from down into any other state, so it might not be useful for you

Created on Mar 11, 2016 1:59:08 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

English It can be done in the next version of the opportunity to notice the transition of the sensor status in UP Русский Можно сделать в следующих версия возможность делать уведомление при переходе статуса сенсора в UP

Created on Mar 14, 2016 10:40:42 AM

Votes:

Sorry it probably won't get implemented as we can cover most cases with "when condition clears". Adding more states to alerts is not a simple task and requires an awful lot of testing to do :(

Created on Mar 14, 2016 1:09:54 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Same Problem Any Solution?

Created on Apr 11, 2019 3:28:27 PM

Votes:

Not really, as the issue was rather unclear back then. Could you describe your specific use case, please?

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 12, 2019 11:05:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I implemented the scheme I needed using an additional shim when a notification is triggered, which goes to my script on the site and processes notifications in the way I need.

The script is on the PCP and messages are sent after it through the telegram bot. There are much fewer false alerts and monitoring has become more pleasant and understandable.

I also made a forced bypass of not closed alerts in the morning, so as not to miss events that occurred at night and on weekends. we are not working 24x7.

I think prtg developers should think about this functionality, tk. the product is good, but there are many false alerts, unlike zabbix, and there are many things that are better, for example, conditions and formulas when processing monitoring results.

Created on Aug 23, 2021 12:35:52 AM

Last change on Aug 23, 2021 12:35:52 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.