What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Links in a "sensor is down" email

Votes:

I have a notification email from a Oracle SQL senor that I received back in December. When I hover my mouse over the parent link, or the sensor name link, I see that it is taking me to the Knowledge Base (https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/65782) instead of to the sensor or its parent.

Do you have any idea how or why this link changed from "/sensor.htm?id=6689&tabid=1" to a KB article???!

email notification-email sensor

Created on Apr 21, 2016 7:28:10 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

May I please ask you which version of PRTG are you running?

Please update to the latest one (currently it is 16.2.23.3269/3270), as we made several improvements and bug fixes related to the notifications in recent releases.

Best regards

Created on Apr 22, 2016 12:01:36 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your reply, but you didn't answer my question.

What would cause an old email in Outlook, (i.e. not associated with PRTG any more) to have its links change?

Created on Apr 22, 2016 1:56:51 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Please open a support ticket so we will continue troubleshooting there. Please refer to this KB article in the ticket and please attach a screenshot of the notification email showing the issue.

Created on Apr 25, 2016 2:56:37 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.