What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Database migration to the updated version

Votes:

I have version 15.1.15.2021 installed and after having some hardware problems with a server I decided to migrate the PRTG core to the new VM and I'm wondering if the migration procedure described here https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer

is applicable to the same software version or I can have historical data moved to the most recent 16.2.23.3269 installed on a new virtual machine? [EDIT BY MOD: Edited link]

data-migration update virtual-machine

Created on Apr 26, 2016 4:15:24 PM

Last change on Apr 27, 2016 6:55:43 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear druban

From PRTG 15 to 16 you can directly migrate the configuration and historic data without having to install PRTG 15 first.

Created on Apr 27, 2016 1:58:25 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.