What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to migration Core server to remote prob Server ?

Votes:

Hi expert, We using trial license to test core server mode. In this test case , we have 75 devices , 34 group and 333 sensor. We already have buy the Official rights and planning to builder the production environment. But , In Our Future architecture ,the trial core server will be become remote probe server. We want to migration all setting and history data of core server to new remote probe server. We be asked for save all test data and report . Can you help me to migration all setting and history data to new architecture . How can i do to fix this issue in faster?

core migration probe prtg

Created on May 10, 2016 5:34:04 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi vincentYeh

I recommend to move the core server to the new location by:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/413-how-can-i-move-migrate-my-prtg-installation-to-another-computer

After that reuuse the server as a remote probe.

regards Thomas

Created on May 17, 2016 3:09:01 PM

Votes:

I would install PRTG on the new server and stop the services.

Stop the services on the current server. and move the database folders to the new server and point the new servers to the location (or overwrite the current stuff if you want to keep the same folder stucture)

start the services on the new server.

verify you can see the historical data....if all is good

go to the old core server, uninstall prtg

hop back to the new server, and tell it to install a remote probe on the old server.

let that finish and then in prtg right click and move to the new group under the new remote probe.

i think that should cover it all....let me know were you have questions....

Created on May 17, 2016 4:55:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.