What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification delivery Error

Votes:

Hi

I want to use notification delivery by gmail but it is someday that it dosen't work at all(from 29 march 2016) while it was working well up to this date .I used some other email provider such as yahoo that it worked well with those provider but it seems that gmail has done some restriction on your program or something like this .it is noted that I used this https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/2823-can-gmail-google-apps-be-used-for-smtp-relay but it was not useful and also turned on gmail "allow less secure app" button but it was not useful. it is useful to know that yahoo is not used because it banned rapid sending email as a suspicious activity. please check this matter at your side. my error in log is"Error sending "Email": Connection failed ("smtp.gmail.com")" all port is checked 25,465,587 with all four types of encryption (SSL v3, SSl v2, SSL v2 or SSL v3, TLS) without encryption but nothing happened

gmail notification-delivery smtp

Created on Jun 8, 2016 7:45:22 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
please turn on Notification Delivery Logging as outlined in this article. Afterwards, please open a support ticket with [email protected] and forward us the logs. Please refer to this thread when opening the ticket.
Best regards

Created on Jun 9, 2016 1:36:54 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

As you said I sent an email attached with log file

Created on Jun 14, 2016 5:16:38 AM

Votes:

Did you discover anything you'd care to share with the rest of the class?? ;-)

Created on Oct 27, 2017 2:32:41 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.