What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I Cannot monitor server using WMI

Votes:

Hi Guys,

I face a problem when monitor my Win server 2008 R2. this server is behind router and only has some ports to open (using NAT). when I want to monitor using WMI I got this error : "" WMI: Connection could not be established (80070776: The object exporter specified was not found - Host: 103.14.74.58, User: administrator, Password: **, Domain: ntlmdomain:localhost) (code: PE015). It appears that you are experiencing some difficulties with WMI or related areas. For more information, please see our knowledge base: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/60153 -- PerfCounter: Could not log in using the specified credentials. Please make sure they are not only valid for the target system, but for the probe system as well. (Performance Counter error 0xB0000004) "" I try to use MWI Test, and got this message : "" Error: 80070776: The object exporter specified was not found ""

Anyone can help for this case ?

Thanks.

error test wmi

Created on Aug 10, 2016 4:39:31 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

it looks like you're running here into a limitation of DCOM (which WMI is relying on), see also: Access WMI to nated machine

Quote from that site: The best way to get this to work, is to somehow see that the DNS name of the server is resolvable from the client machine via the NAT machine.

What you also can do would be installing a Remote Probe directly on that server which then monitors locally this machine and transmits the results to the PRTG server.

Kind regards.

Created on Aug 11, 2016 11:58:34 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.