What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Android 7.0 - Could not retrieve password hash

Votes:

Hi,

I am running Android 7.0 on my Nexus 6P and cannot login to our PRTG server. I read this thread: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/69145-could-not-retrieve-passhash-android-n But that doesn't help. Our PRTG Server Version is: PRTG Network Monitor 16.2.24.4274 x64, a later version then the one mentioned in the thread above.

The Android version is Android 7.0 build NPD90G.

Andreas

android-n password-is-incorrect prtg-mobile

Created on Aug 17, 2016 10:08:06 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

The failing login is probably because of a missing D-H key on the PRTG server. Please see on how to connect with Android N and to generate the key.

Created on Aug 18, 2016 8:49:26 AM by  [email protected]

Last change on Feb 20, 2019 5:17:25 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

What exactly isn't working?

Created on Aug 17, 2016 10:30:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

When I try to add our server in the app and press save, I get the error message : "I could not retrieve the password hash".

Created on Aug 17, 2016 11:27:11 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

The failing login is probably because of a missing D-H key on the PRTG server. Please see on how to connect with Android N and to generate the key.

Created on Aug 18, 2016 8:49:26 AM by  [email protected]

Last change on Feb 20, 2019 5:17:25 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That solved the problem. Thanks!

Created on Aug 18, 2016 10:48:34 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.