What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is my username?

Votes:

I downloaded the PRGT software and set up an account but now I can't get into it. I know my password, but was never asked to create a username. I tried using my email address but it didn't work. Help!

login-name prtg username

Created on Sep 11, 2016 8:03:53 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your support inquiry. By default the login name and password for PRTG's web interface and Enterprise Console are prtgadmin/prtgadmin.

If you've locked yourself out it may be necessary to reset your credentials. Please follow this article on how to re-set the built-in administrator's username/password.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 12, 2016 5:37:17 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. However I am still locked out. I didn't see anything about resetting to the built-in administrator's username/password in he article you linked to. I did open the PRTG Administration Tool referenced in the article. On Administrator tab it shows Login Credentials for the Administrator Account. It shows the same email address and password that I entered online, but they still don't work. So I don't understand why I'm having this problem. I trided changing the password (to the same one) but it still didn't work.

Created on Sep 12, 2016 11:21:39 PM

Votes:

Hi Rick,

Referring to the above mentioned article, kindly note that login credentials for PRTG consist of a Login name and Password.

The PRTG Administration Tool on the PRTG Core Server can be used to re-define the default Admin Login name and Password at any time (even without knowing the current credentials).

The Email Address, which is also shown in the "PRTG Administration Tool > Administrator"-tab indicates the recipient address for Alarms, Notifications or can also be used to redefined your password via e-mail. However, depending on your e-mail delivery settings the mail delivery may not be optional thus changing the username/password directly (instead of an per e-mail reset) makes more sense in this case.

Please configure a Login name and Password and use these two values to login into PRTG after saving the changes with the Administration Tool.

After you've re-gained access to PRTG with the default Admin, head to Setup > User Accounts and re-define the password of any other accounts.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Sep 13, 2016 10:42:00 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks!

Created on Sep 13, 2016 12:28:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.