What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to configure Historic data purging at the group level?

Votes:

I need to use an existing PRTG licensed installation to query for additional information that doesn't need to be available beyond a month. In order to obtain the data I am looking for I have added all of my sensors under a different group.

Since I am not the main user of the PRTG installation I wish to preserve the same core high-level settings. Which ultimately means I am unable to change the Historic Data Purging settings for the server which is reachable through Setup | System Administration | Core & Probes tab.

I have looked for ways to modify these settings at the group level but they seem to only be available for the entire PRTG server.

Can the Historic Data Purging settings be modified at the group level?

data-purging group-settings groups historical-data settings

Created on Oct 5, 2016 2:29:59 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Dan,

I'm afraid those are indeed global settings that cannot be set differently for selected objects that cannot be configured differently for certain objects.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 5, 2016 7:24:04 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi PRTG Team, is there an update on the above to set the data purging on group level? I couldn't find a setting which would allow me that. Is there anything on the roadmap and if yes, when can we expect this to come? Regards Sascha

Created on Apr 26, 2022 9:22:08 AM

Votes:

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your message.

I'm afraid that there is no update here regarding this feature. Furthermore, this post is not an official feature request and therefore I invite you to open one (if there is none about it yet) by following our guideline here: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg.

If you have questions about it, let me know.

Regards, Florian

Created on Apr 26, 2022 11:36:37 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.