What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

no response (check: firewall, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwo

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to add the senor SNMP Disk Free on my NAS box but it would not allow and I get the SNMP error # 2003. I tried to run the SNMP tester and coming back with the same error. Now for this specific box, the drivers are encrypted, is this why I am not able to use any senor except for PING and RDP?

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

error-2003 prtg snmp

Created on Oct 11, 2016 3:16:18 PM

Last change on Oct 13, 2016 10:29:25 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello jsalameh2,
thank you for your KB-post.

The fact that the disks are encrypted shouldn't make a difference. SNMP Error 2003 is a Timeout, PRTG isn't geting any reply to the SNMP query against the NAS. Was SNMP Enabled? Are you able to deploy an SNMP System Uptime sensor?

Please check the following SNMP Troubleshooting guide:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 13, 2016 10:31:30 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello Luciano,

I made sure that SNMP was enabled because I installed it on the Windows 2012 R2 server from Roles and Features, then I made sure that the services were running. I also checked the firewall settings but out of all my server this is the only one not responding to PRTG.

Thanks,

Created on Oct 13, 2016 1:51:21 PM

Votes:

Hello Luciano,

I have Windows 2012 R2 server. I think this is why I am not able to get the SNMP to work. Even though I downloaded it from Add Roles and Features, it still will not work. I am not sure if I am missing a specific setting. I disabled the Windows firewall to see if that helps but it still will not work. Is PRTG compatible with Windows 2012 R2?

Thanks,

Created on Oct 13, 2016 8:59:58 PM

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Yes, Windows Server 2012 supports SNMP and PRTG is compatible with it. Please note that additionally to install SNMP's Role you also need to configure the SNMP Agent:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 14, 2016 6:26:07 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.