What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor w3wp memory usage

Votes:

Hi, I would like to monitor several w3wp process memory usage per application pool. I have several Application pools running on IIS and I would like to monitor the w3wp process of each one for memory usage and alert on threshold. Is it possible?

Many Thanks, Rotem

iis w3wp windows

Created on Oct 20, 2016 7:02:07 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

You can use the "Windows Process Sensor" to monitor a certain process and it's system usage. The sensor is described on the following page: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/wmi_process_sensor.

Created on Oct 20, 2016 11:38:51 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply, but i's only see 1 w3wp process and I have several ones (per application pool). The all shows up on windows as w3wp.exe but with parameters.

can i monitor it?

Thanks, Rotem

Created on Oct 20, 2016 11:44:18 AM

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid this is not possible with PRTGs default sensors, but please have a look at the following articles (and the links in them):

Created on Oct 20, 2016 12:10:01 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.