What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Filtering messages on Syslog

Votes:

Hello,

I have configured a device on my PRTG instalation ,added a syslog sensor to it, and a software called "Syncbackpro" on a server, sending syslog messages to the sensor. The messages are received by the sensor but almost all of the information received are showed in the message field and when a try to filter warning or error messages , from the messages field, it doesn´t filter anything... Is there aditional configurations to the syslog sensor that i'm missing?

Thanks

prtg syncbackpro syslog-sensor

Created on Oct 28, 2016 5:39:28 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi rdilva_74,

The error filters needs to be defined in the settings of the sensor. This is described in this answer. Does this help to configure your sensor properly?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Oct 31, 2016 11:26:03 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.