What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Updated now core service will not run

Votes:

I updated to 16.4.27.6719 and now my core service will start normally but will shut down after a few seconds. Event viewer shows the service shuts down with ID 1000

core-service error update

Created on Oct 31, 2016 9:44:52 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Matt,

Plese send us first using the PRTG Administration Tool on the core server (tab "Logs and Infos"). Make sure to enter PAE778154 as ticket id. I would then suggest to roll back your installation to the previous version. You find the installer for the previous version in prtg_install_destination\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Installer Archive\.

Note: In case you have remote probes running, those won't downgrade by themselves, you need to download the installer then from Setup | Downloads and run it manually on each remote probe in order to downgrade them too.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 31, 2016 10:23:35 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.