What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Intermittent WMI Access is Denied

Votes:

I am intermittently receiving WMI access is denied on Pagefile Usage, App Pool, and Windows IIS sensors. It consistently happens from 11PM until 11:15PM EST and also will randomly happen at other times, I haven't found a specific root cause yet. This happens to servers in several different regions hosted by a popular cloud provider. Other sensors for the servers are SNMP, port check like HTTP, etc...they do not fail.

I don't have any failed logins.

WMI: Connection could not be established (80070005: Access is denied - Host: server.domain.net, User: username, Password: **, Domain: ntlmdomain:netbios) (code: PE015). It appears that you are experiencing some difficulties with WMI or related areas. For more information, please see our knowledge base: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/60153 -- PerfCounter: Could not log in using the specified credentials. Please make sure they are not only valid for the target system, but for the probe system as well. (Performance Counter error 0xB0000004)

access-denied pe015 wmi

Created on Nov 21, 2016 4:19:39 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Randy Bagby,

Thank you for your question.

Please refer to the KB-article The most common WMI errors section: 80070005 and try to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, please open a support ticket including support bundle and screenshots of the affected sensor. We need tabs "Overview", "Logs" and "Settings".

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Sven

Created on Nov 21, 2016 10:18:11 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

I'm also intermittently seeing the below errors on PerfCounter IIS Application Pool sensors:

Unable to connect to the specified computer, or the computer is offline. (Performance Counter error 0x800007D0)

No data to return. (Performance Counter error 0x800007D5)

I use the WMI tester during these periods and I am able to return results without error.

Thanks, Randy

Created on Nov 22, 2016 1:38:28 PM

Votes:

Hello Randy Bagby,

Please open a support ticket including support bundle and screenshots of the affected sensors. We need tabs "Overview", "Log" and "Settings". This can be done by clicking on "Contact Paessler Support" in the lower right corner of your web GUI.

Thank you in advance. Regards, Sven

Created on Nov 23, 2016 8:46:50 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.