What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Interval delay WMI is above the warning limit

Votes:

Hello,

I have been troubled by this issue for a couple of weeks now. I'm using custom WMI to check if user is logged in via RDP on a VM. Now by my count there should be total of 15 WMI sensors and 4 probes.

By instructions I have put WMI scan interval on non prioritized sensors to 5 minutes. That leaves 7 sensors on 30 seconds.

Could it be that I should set Probes also on longer scan interval?

Thank You in advance.

delay limit prtg sensor warning wmi

Created on Nov 21, 2016 9:16:28 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Vedran,

Thank you for your support inquiry.

We had some WMI related issues with some older version of PRTG. Please make sure to update to the latest available stable version of PRTG and check if you still encounter these issues.

Please don't hesitate to respond to this thread, if you have any further questions.

Best,
Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 22, 2016 8:55:01 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

This seems to be the solution. Thought I was using latest version.

Thanks You

Created on Nov 23, 2016 7:04:40 AM

Votes:

You're welcome!

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Nov 23, 2016 7:31:54 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

tengo el mismo problema, acabo de instalar la versión más actual y me sigue arrojando la alerta. ¿qué puedo hacer?

Created on Jun 28, 2017 3:35:21 PM

Votes:

Hello rcontreras,

If you are already using the latest version of PRTG, please contact us directly via email including your systems log files for further analysis.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 28, 2017 8:53:30 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.