What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Providing username and password in the URL

Votes:

Hello,

I tried your solution from this topic

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/6793-how-to-make-prtg-accessible-by-providing-username-and-password-in-the-url

But it didn't work. When I use for example:

http://127.0.0.1/group.htm?id=0&tabid=1&username=foo&password=bar

Then it opens the login page and ignores my given username and password in the URL.

Thanks a lot, Tal

credentials prtg prtg16 url

Created on Dec 14, 2016 9:07:14 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Did you make sure that the password is actually correct? Are there any special characters in your password? I use that authentication method all the time and it surely does work properly :)

Created on Dec 16, 2016 5:48:38 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, I use the korrekt password and username. Both of dem have a "." In them and nothing special beside that. The only different thing that I do is to open 2 pages with a different id, because the info on the main page is too big, so I had to split the info and use 2 monitors to show it and avoid using the scrolling option.

Created on Dec 16, 2016 7:39:20 AM

Last change on Dec 16, 2016 7:39:20 AM

Votes:

Could you try the passhash (which you can obtain from the account) instead, using the passhash parameter?

Created on Dec 16, 2016 1:17:07 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do you mean like this

http://servername:port/group.htm?id=2894&tabid=1&passhash=passhash

If yes then it didn't work as well.

Created on Dec 16, 2016 2:03:24 PM

Votes:

Is your server available publicly so I could try with a designated user and password? You can post it here, I won't publish it.

Created on Dec 19, 2016 9:06:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Unfortunately the server is not for public use and is only internal for the company's employees reachable.

Created on Dec 19, 2016 9:21:32 AM

Votes:

Bummer. What PRTG version are you actually using?

Created on Dec 19, 2016 9:44:50 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It's the 14. something, I'm not going to be at work until January 2017 so I can't give you the exact version.

Created on Dec 19, 2016 10:00:48 AM

Votes:

Hm, maybe an update might work here - possibly a bug, given that it's at least 2y old :)

Created on Dec 19, 2016 10:35:39 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.