What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Recuring Maintenance Window

Votes:

I dont find a setting to configure a recuring maintenance window for a group/object/sensor. Isnt this possible? With the option "Pause", i only can configure single maintenance windows.

We automated the patching for our servers, once a month they install updates and reboot. I dont want to add the maintenance windows every month manually.

This would be a very helpful feature.

Regards Michael Fink

maintenance recuring windows

Created on Jan 18, 2017 10:34:42 AM

11 Replies

Votes:

We're currently working on a tool to configure recurring maintenance windows, but there's no ETA yet.

Created on Jan 18, 2017 10:49:10 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Michael, I need this feature, too.

While Paessler will not release you what you can do to fix your maintenance windows is to create a schedule with the boot dates of your servers, and create an "Auto Ack" notification.

Https:kb.paessler.com/en/topic/5903-how-to-auto-acknowledge-a-down-sensor-in-prtg

So, when your servers alarm, they went into ack automatically.

Created on May 22, 2017 3:27:30 PM

Votes:

Hi Rogerio, Hi Michael,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the tool is almost done and we're soon ready for a public beta.

Thanks for your patience!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Paessler Tech Support

Created on May 22, 2017 6:13:15 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

would be nice to have a special tool for it. I am working right now with the web API. I created scheduled tasks on the core server which run a batchfile with the web-api-command for "Pause".

Regards Michael

Created on May 23, 2017 11:36:15 AM

Votes:

Hi Stephan,

are there any new infos regarding the tool for a recuring maintenance window?

Regards Michael

Created on Aug 21, 2017 7:56:56 AM

Votes:

Hi Michael,

It is indeed available - sorry, I thought I got all the threads that wanted this covered:
https://github.com/PaesslerAG/PRTGScheduler

Let me know what you think! :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 21, 2017 8:06:42 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi all,

Can't seem to get the above working due to various reasons (contained network, restricted access etc).

Any view on a definite solution, i.e. the possibility to simply add a reoccuring maintenance window from the main web interface?

Thanks! Jaap.

Created on Feb 26, 2018 9:15:12 AM

Votes:

Hi Jaap,

I think it's safe to say that this will not get implemented natively. Why exactly are you unable to install it? Just curious, as it basically runs as a sensor on the PRTG server and you just need to install PHP...

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 26, 2018 9:24:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In my search for a recurring schedule for pausing sensors (we'd like to pause all windows update sensors from patch tuesday till a week after so all our servers will be patched) I stumbled upon this topic. I the past I used the PHP PRTGScheduler project from Github but now the readme page tells me this:

"This project is currently undergoing a rewrite in Ruby as there are too many issues with the PHP setup, configuration and overall maintainability. Please consider the project unsupported until further notice."

Any updates on when it will be ready?

Created on Jan 16, 2019 12:30:42 PM

Votes:

I've barely started implementing unfortunately, due to daily workload. I'll post in this topic once I'm done :)

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,

Created on Jan 16, 2019 12:34:43 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I regret to inform you that the development of PRTG Scheduler has been cancelled due to focus of support being more shifted towards customers, away from custom solutions. The progress so far has however been published to Github and can be found on https://github.com/PRTG/PRTGScheduler/tree/ruby. It's not much, but should help others (or you) to get started. The actual first version of the scheduler should indeed still work, but I'm not sure about it.

I'm very sorry that I couldn't live up to the expectations :(

PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 13, 2019 9:18:46 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.