What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WiFi monitoring Netgear WNDAP360

Votes:

Hi all,

Currently we are looking for a alternative tool for 'Netgear Cloud Management'. We have around 150 pieces Netgear WNDAP360 accesspoints around The Netherlands. We would like to see ping (easy to set-up with PRTG) but also load, traffic and signal strength (this last one only if possible).

I tryed all SNMP option inside PRTG but nothing gives the right information (besides ping). What i'm doing wrong? Can someone tell me what option I need for this? SNMP is configured in the test device.

FAQ, Google and knowledge base dont give the right anwer.

Already thanks for your support.

monitoring netgear snmp wifi wndap360

Created on Jan 23, 2017 4:05:25 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello BCD,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

What sensors did you try to install and what error message did you receive in return? Are you able to add the "SNMP System Uptime" sensor to the device?

Please check this article for further information and problem solving approaches: My SNMP sensors don’t work. What can I do?

You can also use our SNMP Tester to test the SNMP functionality of the target device.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 24, 2017 12:28:05 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sebastian,

It works! Changed 'trap port' from 162 to 161 inside de WNDAP360 and PRTG.

Ping, uptime and bandwidth are working great.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

Created on Jan 24, 2017 4:42:00 PM

Votes:

Dear BCD,

I'm glad you found the issue. I wish you a pleasant week.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 25, 2017 6:03:11 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.